What is Trezor Wallet?
Safe deposit is a type of cold storage wallet also known as hardware wallet (offline storage wallet) released in August 8 by satoshilabs.
Trezor Wallet is the world's first Bitcoin wallet similar to Ledger Nano S, it provides cold storage that ensures the safety of your digital assets.
Some virtual currencies that Trezor supports such as: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Dashcoin (DASH), Dogecoin (DOGE), ..
Trezor lạnh cold wallet Small size and shape like a USB, can connect and personal computer is very convenient, you can completely carry it with you instead of a key chain.
Trezor saves your Bitcoin private key in an offline state, ie isolated from the internet environment, so it can avoid any hacker intrusion, even malicious software on your computer.
Features of Trezor . hardware wallet
- Multiple Coin Support: As mentioned above, Trezor wallet supports many digital currencies such as: BTC, BCH, LTC, DASH, ZEC, DOGE, ETC,..and other Altcoins.
- Quick install: With Bitcoin wallet Trezor it only takes you 15-20 minutes to install
- Easy to use: Trezor is very easy to use, you only need basic computer knowledge to install and start storing your coins
- Password Manager: Trezor offers a powerful password manager. Passwords will be encrypted and synced to your private cloud.
- SSH Security: You can protect access to your server, data and admin pages with SSH
- 2-Factor Authentication (2FA): You can also protect assets by setting up 2-factor security
- Sign and Encrypt with GPG: Trezor will encrypt any document or email you create with GPG.
- Confirm via text message: Verify login via SMS, that is, every time you log in, Trezor's system will send you a code via SMS used to login to your wallet
- Wallet Backup: Trezor allows you to backup your wallet, during installation Trezor will allow you to create a recovery string, if unfortunately you lose your wallet, you can use this string to restore your wallet your property and of course all assets remain intact.
Trezor is safe and secure, you can still get it if you lose it
Trezor . Cold Storage Wallet Specifications
- CPU: ARM Cortex M3 processor with 120 MHz
- Screen: OLX 128X64 pixels
- Operating system support: Windows, Mac, Linux, Android.
- the size: 60 x 30 x 6 (mm)
- Weight: 12g (0.42oz)
- Connection: Micro USD with desktop or phone
- Ideal working temperature: min 20 degrees C and maximum 60 degrees C.
Where to buy and sell Trezor cold wallet?
Currently in Vietnam, I have not seen any units or individuals sell Trezor wallet Genuine at all, so to buy Trezor hardware wallet You can buy it directly on the company's official website shop.trezor.io for 89 USD (about more than 2 million) or buy on www.amazon.com price is similar.
Instructions for using Trezor . Cold Wallet
Accessories when buying Trezor . cold wallet
After you guys buy one Trezor wallet Inside the box there will be the following accessories:
- Trezor . hardware wallet
- A piece of paper used to record the Trezor wallet recovery code (Recovery)
- Trezor Wallet Strap
- Instructions for setting up and using the Trezor . wallet
- Micro USB cable to connect Trezor to a computer
Accessories when buying Trezor . cold wallet
How to install Trezor hardware wallet with computer
Step 1: Connect Trezor to the computer
You make the connection Trezor wallet to your computer using a USB cable. After connecting, the Trezor wallet screen will show a lock icon and a command asking you to access trezor.io/start, but you do not need to access it, continue to step 2.
Connect Trezor to the computer
Step 2: Install Trezor . wallet
Access to https://wallet.trezor.io/ and download the Trezor extension for Chrome browser (if you use Mac or Linux, choose below) the purpose is for your Trezor wallet to connect to Trezor's servers.
You click on "Install Extension” => press “More gadgets"
Download Trezor wallet extension for Chrome
Next you will name the device Safe deposit, you can enter any name
Name the device Trezor
Step 3: Set up a PIN for Trezor . wallet
Setting up a PIN for Trezor can be a bit confusing at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's easy. Do not rush to enter, please read through the small steps below and then re-enter to avoid mistakes.
At this time, the screen will display 9 boxes as shown below:
Setting up a PIN for Trezor . wallet
Corresponding on Trezor wallet Your box will show 9 cells with 9 random numbers. Pay attention to the "position" of each number.
Now for example you want to set your PIN as “6789". On the computer screen, you will enter and click on the positions corresponding to the positions of these numbers in your Trezor wallet. Then press "Enter"
Enter the PIN and press Enter
Continuing the system will ask you to enter one more time to confirm your PIN.
Step 4: Record the wallet recovery character strings
Now the screen Trezor wallet Your file will show random strings of characters, you need to write these out "Recovery paper aboveIn case of loss of wallet or error, you will use these 24 character strings to recover your wallet. By pressing the “right” button on the Trezor wallet device to switch to other character strings, do so when all 24 strings are written.
Record the wallet recovery text strings
After writing all 24 character sequences, you press again the “right” button of Trezor to complete the wallet setup process.
Step 5: Login to Trezor . wallet
Ok. On the computer browser screen, you enter the PIN code set up in step 3 to log in to the Trezor wallet management system.
Instructions for using Trezor . cold wallet
You will be redirected to the wallet management interface Safe deposit as shown below:
Basic information in Trezor . wallet administration
Some basic features of Trezor wallet:
- 1 number: Where you can choose e-wallets of different coins: Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Dash, Litecoin, Zcash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic,..
- 2 number: Customize Trezor ví wallet home screen
- 3 number: Where to set up security for Trezor cold wallet such as password, PIN. You can erase all the information on your Trezor device here.
- 4 number: Edit basic device settings, for example change PIN
- 5 number: Lock Trezor . device
- 6 number: Erase Trezor . device
- 7 number: Change the currency
- 8 number: Connect Trezor wallet to Dropbox
- 9 number: Add new account
- 10 number: Add old account before Segwit
How to receive Bitcoin, Ethereum,.. on Trezor wallet
To receive Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin,..or any other virtual currency on Trezor wallet It's also quite simple, you just need to get the wallet address of that coin and give it to the sender. Here I will take an example with Bitcoin.
You click on "Wallet" on the menu => select "Receive” => select “Account #1 (0.00BTC)” => you will see Bitcoin wallet address on your Trezor in the “Address". You copy this BTC address to the sender so they can transfer BTC to you.
Receive money on Trezor . wallet
After the sender transfers BTC to you in the “Transactions“will show BTC transaction in status”Unconfirmed"ie unconfirmed.
You will need to wait about 15 minutes or if the transaction of large amount of BTC will have to wait longer, when the transaction is confirmed it will lose the word “Unconfirmed” instead of the date and time as shown below and Bitcoin Officially yours.
Confirmed Bitcoin is yours
Note: With Ethereum, Trezor wallet does not manage directly, but will link with another party, MyEtherWallet, you will need to transfer MyEtherWallet Wallet and perform some operations to cold store ETH on Safe deposit, this part I will guide in another post, because it is also a bit long.
How to send Bitcoins from Trezor wallet to others
Step 1: To send Bitcoins to others, you choose to go to the tab “Send” will see the following interface:
Send BTC from Trezor to someone else
Step 2: You enter the transaction information to send BTC:
- Address: The recipient's BTC wallet address
- Comment: Content of money transfer, you can enter as you like
- Amount: Amount of BTC you want to send, click the up arrow to send all the BTC in Trezor wallet
After entering, click the "Send” to start sending.
Step 3: Transaction Confirmation: Now you need to confirm your BTC deposit transaction on your Trezor device. Check the amount of BTC and the transaction address is correct, if it is, then press the button "Confirm" right. Wrong case or you find out someone is transferring money from Trezor wallet yours then you press "Cancel" button on the left.
Confirmation of sending BTC on Trezor . wallet
After you confirm your BTC transaction, Trezor wallet will show your BTC amount and transaction fee. You continue to press "Confirm” again to complete your BTC deposit.
2nd transaction confirmation
After depositing BTC in the “Transactions” will show the status of your submission.
Your Trezor BTC Deposit Transaction Status
Ok. Here is the article "Instructions for installing and using Trezor wallet - Hardware wallet for storing BTC, BCH, ETH, LTC, ..“Hopefully, it will help you have a safe and convenient cryptocurrency storage option.
Above is the post review as well as instructions for installing and using Trezor . cold wallet, a popular wallet used to store Bitcoin, Ethereum and other Altcoins, I personally find this wallet very safe and easy to use.
Trezor Wallet is one of 4 types of wallets Bitcoin storage The safest is now Cryptocurrency Blog introduced in the article Where is Bitcoin safe? Top 4 cold wallets, hot wallets holding BTC and ETH Depending on your needs, you can choose a suitable wallet.
Out Ledger Nano S then Safe deposit will also be a good choice for you to cold store your digital coins.