Badger DAO, one of the interesting projects alongside its BADGER token, looks set to accelerate the use of Bitcoin in DeFi.
The use of Bitcoin in DeFi used to be limited to a small ecosystem on the network Bitcoin until protocols appear, allowing Bitcoin holders to wrap their BTC on Ethereum (or Wrapped Bitcoin). Since then, the amount of BTC on the Ethereum blockchain has increased dramatically.
Badger DAO (BADGER) price, marketcap, chart, and fundamentals info
Badger DAO is a project that is building the infrastructure and products needed to accelerate the use of Bitcoin on Ethereum and other blockchains.
The developers of Badger DAO designed it to be a complete ecosystem where projects on DeFi can collaborate on building products. The DAO allows developers from different projects to tailor their preferences with decentralized governance. This brings builders together by encouraging collaboration rather than competition.
What's so special about the Badger DAO ecosystem?
Badger DAO is community driven and pre-development. Products must be first introduced and voted on by the BADGER token Holder.
SETT's platform products are inspired by Yearn Finance Vault but only for encrypted BTC (sBTC, renBTC, ..) and DIGG.
Badger DAO uses SETT as its automatic DeFi aggregator.SETT will also be the only way for members to earn BADGER tokens.
Users will deposit assets to make profits, smart contracts will implement different strategies to bring assets to operate on multiple DeFi protocols. Therefore, the user can optimize yield without having to work hard and effort to implement yield farming strategy.
Digg is a non-custodial synthetic Bitcoin on Ethereum, which is fixed at the price of BTC with flexible supply and re-basis, adjusted depending on the spot rate of BTC.
Digg's goal is to remove centralized 3rd parties and create a trustworthy synthetic token track for Bitcoin price, which is adjusted inversely depending on the price of Bitcoin.
Initially, DIGG token and BADGER were streamed to users interested in Bitcoin DeFi. According to Badger Early Contributor Program, 14,5% of all DIGG and 5% of the BADGER amount (21 million) were allocated to the contributors. Earned tokens will be unlocked linearly every 2 weeks for 6 months.
Approved products (10% of total votes BADGER provided) were developed by the community in cooperation with the Badger DAO operating team
What is BADGER Token?
BADGER is governance token of the project, it has no intrinsic value.
|Token Standard||Governance, Unility|
|Total Supply||21.000.000 BADGER|
|Circulation supply||7.324.459 BADGER|
- Liquidity Mining: 23%
- Developer Mining: 15%
- Airdrop: 15%
- Team: 10%
- DAO treasury: 35%
- Gitcoin: 2%
Information on the following departments is available:
- Liquidity Mining: During 8 weeks, users who deposit money into the Badger Sett product will earn BADGER tokens. The longer you stake, the more reward you receive will increase.
- Team: The tokens will be issued monthly linearly for 1 year.
- DAO treasury: Lock for 30 days after launch to ensure proper token distribution.
BADGER Token Sale
The project does not conduct public or private round sale.
What is BADGER copper used for?
- Governance: All decisions are voted on and governance token BADGER is distributed fairly, allowing community members to join and withdraw benefits.
- Reward: BADGER holders will receive profits from sett, digg of the project, the community.
How to earn BADGER?
- Join Airdrop
- Liquidity mining: lock assets on SETT to receive BADGER, DIGG.
- Reward: Developers will earn BADGER for the idea of creating products
- Finally, you can buy it on an exchange that lists BADGER.
BADGER copper exchange
Currently you can register for an account and buy at exchanges such as:
BADGER coin storage wallet
This is an ERC-20 token so it's pretty easy to find a suitable wallet for example: Trustwallet, Ledger Nano X, Coin98 Wallet, MyEtherWallet, Dappradar.. Or you can store it directly on an exchange, where you bought that token. Remember to turn on full security.
Evaluate the potential of the BADGER token
- Chris Spadafora, Founder: He is an investor and passionate about cryptocurrencies.
- Ameer Rosic: An investor and founder of other crypto projects.
- Albert Castellana: Product Advisor and CEO at StakeHound.
- Alberto Cevallos: Technical Advisor, he also advises Travala.
Investor & Partner
Project without an investor, Information about the partner and benefits of cooperation is as follows:
- Kyber Swap: DEX also offers non custodial limit orders and execute transactions based on reserves. Kyber Swap will work together with Badger to promote the speed at which Bitcoin is encrypted on their DEX.
- Keep: Keep participates as a builder. This will involve collaborating to accelerate tBTC in existing products and future applications of the project.
- Pickle: Plan to partner with Pickle to reap better returns for BTC encrypted mainly through the SET product
- Harvest Finance: Working together to build profitable collaborative products for both communities.
- EVEN: MEME came to the Badger DAO and a special NFT partnership called the Honey Badger Pot.
- Ren: Leading in the Ren series is renBTC. Project dedicated to bringing interoperability between blockchains. The more BTC-based dApps on Ethereum, the more benefits there are to the Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Ren ecosystems, so being a part of BadgerDAO is an easy option.
Unique to the project is their approach to making product development transparent, open source, and fair from the very start. Please see lahi part 2 of the article.
Digg is active and three vaults are active. All 3 earn BADGER and DIGG as rewards.
BADGER tokens are of interest to the investment community. About 1 month of launch, the token's Market cap has risen to $ 30 million with the average daily trading volume fluctuating quite large. The liquidity is still quite poor.
Right now, the price increase performance is very impressive. At press time is trading at $ 63 compared to an increase of 2100% with as low as $ 3 according to coingecko.
There will only be 21 million BADGER tokens, fixed with liquidity mining to attract farmers and protocol users. That caused the price to rise rapidly and the relatively low Market Cap climbed to No. 103 at the time of writing.
Should Invest and BADGER Dong?
Total Locked Value (TVL) in DeFi has increased sharply, As can be seen in the chart below. One of these interesting projects is the Badger DAO which looks set to accelerate the use of Bitcoin in DeFi.
- At the beginning of 2021, TVL was only about 500 million USD. Currently TVL of Badger DAO reached the top 10 on Defipulse with 1.41 billion USD. The increase confirms BADGER is one of the well-valued projects in Ethereum and Bitcoin DeFi.
- The project has also partnered with Nexus Mutual to enable users to secure their deposits against errors in smart contracts.
- The project's team is known to the public. And also the reason why smart contract auditing-Zokyo company audited all systems and smart contracts before launching.
And you, do you find BADGER worth the investment? Make your own decisions right.