What is a Trezor wallet?
Safe deposit is a type of cold wallet, or hardware wallet (offline storage wallet), released in August 8 by satoshilabs.
Trezor wallet is the first Bitcoin wallet in the world similar to Ledger Nano S, it provides secure storage for your digital assets.
Some virtual currencies that Trezor supports are: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Dashcoin (DASH), Dogecoin (DOGE), ..
Trezor cold wallet Small in size and shape like a USB, connected and personal computer is very convenient, you can completely carry it around instead of a key chain.
Trezor stores your Bitcoin private key offline, which is isolated from the internet environment, so it avoids any Hacker intrusions, even malware on your computer.
Features of Trezor hardware wallet
- Support multiple Coin: As mentioned above Trezor wallets support a lot of digital currencies such as: BTC, BCH, LTC, DASH, ZEC, DOGE, ETC, .. and other altcoins.
- Quick installation: With Bitcoin Trezor wallet it only takes 15-20 minutes to install
- Easy to use: Trezor is easy to use, you only need a basic knowledge of a computer to be able to install and start storing your money
- Password manager: Trezor provides a strong password manager. The password will be encrypted and synchronized with your private cloud.
- SSH security: You can protect access to your servers, data and admin pages with SSH
- 2-factor authentication (2FA): You can also protect assets by setting up 2-factor security
- Login and encrypt with GPG: Trezor will encrypt any documents or emails you create using GPG.
- Confirm by message: Verify login via SMS, that is, every time you log in, Trezor system will send you a code via SMS used to log into the wallet
- Backup wallet: Trezor allows you to backup your wallet, during the installation of Trezor will allow you to create a recovery character string, if unfortunately you lose your wallet, you can use this string to restore your wallet. Your and of course all assets remain intact.
Trezor secure security, lost still get back
Specifications for Trezor cold storage
- CPU: ARM Cortex M3 processor with speed of 120 MHz
- Screen: OLX 128X64 pixels
- Operating system support: Windows, Mac, Linux, Android.
- the size: 60 x 30 x 6 (mm)
- Weight: 12g (0.42oz)
- Connect: Micro USD to desktop or phone
- Ideal working temperature: minimum 20 degrees C and maximum 60 degrees C.
Where to buy and sell Trezor cold wallet?
Currently in Vietnam I have not seen any unit or individual Trezor wallet sale Genuine, so to buy a Trezor hardware wallet You can buy directly on the company's official website shop.trezor.io for 89 USD (more than 2 million) or buy on www.amazon.com The price is similar.
How To Use Cold Wallet Trezor
Accessories when buying a Trezor cold wallet
After you buy one Trezor wallet then the box will have the following accessories:
- Trezor hardware wallet
- A piece of paper used to record the code to recover the Trezor wallet (Recovery)
- Seconds with a Trezor
- Instruction book for setting up and using a Trezor wallet
- Seconds a Micro USB cable to connect Trezor to the computer
Accessories when buying a Trezor cold wallet
How to install Trezor hardware wallet with the computer
Step 1: Connect Trezor to the computer
You proceed to connect Trezor wallet Get to your computer using the USB cable. After connecting to the Trezor wallet screen, a lock icon and a command will ask you to access trezor.io/start, but you do not need to access, continue to step 2.
Connect Trezor to the computer
Step 2: Install the Trezor wallet
Access to https://wallet.trezor.io/ and download the Trezor extension for Chrome browser (if you use Mac or Linux then choose below) the goal is for your Trezor wallet to connect to the Trezor server.
You click on "Install Extension"=> Press"Add gadgets"
Download the Trezor wallet extension for Chrome
Next you will name the device Safe deposit, enter any name
Name the Trezor device
Step 3: Set a PIN for the Trezor wallet
Setting up a PIN for Trezor at first might be a little confusing, but once you get it, it's easy. Do not hurry to enter, please read through the small steps below and then re-enter to avoid being mistaken.
At this time, the screen will display 9 boxes as shown below:
Set PIN for Trezor wallet
Corresponding on Trezor wallet Your will show 9 cells with 9 random numbers. You pay attention to the "position" of each number.
PIN of Trezor
Now for example you want to set your PIN as "6789”. On the computer screen, you will enter the click on the location corresponding to the position of these numbers in your Trezor wallet. Then press "Enter"
Enter the PIN and press Enter
Continuing the system will ask you to enter one more time to confirm your PIN.
Step 4: Record the wallet string recovery
At this screen Trezor wallet Your will show the random string, you need to record these characters "Recovery paper above”In case you lose your wallet or error, you will use these 24 character strings to restore your wallet. By clicking the "right" button on the Trezor wallet device to switch to other character strings, do so whenever you have recorded all 24 strings.
Record wallet wallet strings
After all 24 characters have been written, press the "right" button of the Trezor again to complete the wallet setup process.
Step 5: Log in to the Trezor wallet
Ok, got it On the computer browser screen, enter the PIN code set in step 3 to log into the Trezor wallet management system.
Instruction for using Trezor cold wallet
You will be redirected to the wallet management interface Safe deposit as shown below:
Basic information in Trezor wallet management
Some basic features of the Trezor wallet:
- 1 number: Where you can choose the electronic wallets of different currencies: Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Dash, Litecoin, Zcash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, ..
- 2 number: Customize the main screen of the Trezor wallet
- 3 number: Where to set the security for Trezor cold wallets such as passwords, PINs. You can erase all information on your Trezor device here.
- 4 number: Edit the basic settings of the device, for example, change the PIN
- 5 number: Lock the Trezor device
- 6 number: Delete the Trezor device
- 7 number: Change currency
- 8 number: Connect Trezor wallet to Dropbox
- 9 number: Add a new account
- 10 number: Add the old account before Segwit
How to receive Bitcoin, Ethereum, ... on the Trezor wallet
To receive Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, .. or any other virtual currency on Trezor wallet It is quite simple, you just need to get the address of that coin and give it to the sender. Here I will take the example with Bitcoin offline.
You click on "Wallet"On the menu => select"Receive"=> Select"Account # 1 (0.00BTC)"=> You will see Bitcoin wallet address on your Trezor in the "Address”. You copy this BTC address given to the sender so they can transfer the BTC to you.
Get money on Trezor wallet
After the sender transfers BTC to you in the "Transactions"Will display the BTC transaction in status"Unconfirmed”Means unconfirmed.
Condition not yet confirmed
You will need to wait about 15 minutes or if a large number of BTC transactions will have to wait longer, when the transaction is confirmed it will lose the word "Unconfirmed”Instead it is the date and time as shown below and Bitcoin Official is yours.
Confirmed Bitcoin is yours
Note: With the Ethereum coin, the Trezor wallet is not directly managed but will link to another party, MyEtherWallet, you will need to switch over. MyEtherWallet wallet and perform a number of operations to freeze ETH on Safe deposit, this section I will guide in a different post, because it is also a bit long.
How to send Bitcoin from Trezor wallet to others
Step 1: To send Bitcoin to others you choose to tab "Send”Will see the following interface:
Send BTC from Trezor to others
Step 2: You enter the transaction information to send BTC:
- Address: Address of the recipient's BTC wallet
- Comment: Content to transfer money, you fill in as you like
- Amount: The number of BTC you want to send, click the up arrow to send all the BTC in Trezor wallet
After entering, press "Send”To start sending.
Step 3: Confirm transaction: You now need to confirm the BTC deposit on your Trezor device. Check the amount of BTC and trading address is correct, if true then you press the button "Confirm" the right. Wrong situation or you discover someone is transferring money from Trezor wallet of you, you press "Cancel”Button on the left.
Confirm the transaction to send BTC on Trezor wallet
After you confirm the BTC transaction, the Trezor wallet will display the amount of BTC and your transaction fee. You keep clicking "Confirm”Again to complete your BTC deposit.
Second transaction confirmation
After sending BTC in the "Transactions”Will display the status of your submission.
Status of BTC deposit transactions on your Trezor
Ok, got it Above is the article "Instructions for installing and using Trezor wallet - Hard wallets hold BTC, BCH, ETH, LTC, ..Hope to help you have a safe and convenient option to store your cryptocurrency.
Above is the post reviews and instructions for installing and using a Trezor cold wallet, a popular wallet for storing Bitcoin, Ethereum and other altcoins, I personally find this wallet very safe and easy to use.
Trezor wallet is one of 4 types of wallets Bitcoin storage The safest is now Virtual money blog introduction in post Where is Bitcoin stored safe? Top 4 cold wallets, hot wallets holding BTC and ETH Depending on your needs, you can choose a suitable wallet.
Out Ledger Nano S then Safe deposit It will also be a good choice for you to cool your digital currencies.